What kind of educational qualifications are required, and are they always required?

The various competence classes have different requirements for educational qualifications and work experience. Where there are relevant trade certificates, such as for concrete work, a trade certificate is required. For the execution of concrete structures/in-situ work, the people who will lead the work must always have relevant vocational training. For execution class 3, a Bachelor of Engineering is generally required, and at least a two-year course at a vocational college.