The national annex to NS-EN 13670:2009+NA:2010 “Execution of concrete structures” sets out qualification requirements for key personnel at contractors when executing in-situ concrete works covered by the standard.
The standard sets out requirements for the production manager, quality control manager, foreman and tradesman (“bas”), as well as for staff working on prestressed concrete. It also requires documentation of prior knowledge, supplementary courses that have been completed and passed, and minimum practical experience in the relevant execution class. The Norwegian Council of Concrete Competence issues certificates to confirm that the standard’s qualification requirements have been met based on the documentation presented.
In-situ concrete works cover all concrete work performed on site except the assembly of precast elements. Precast concrete assembly includes installation activities, as well as casting joints. Overlays on precast elements are not part of the assembly process for precast concrete, and come under in-situ concrete works. The installation of floor slabs (“plattendekker”) is included under formwork, while the installation of double/twin walls (e.g. of the type “Con-form”) is considered precast concrete assembly. Pouring activities (filling the wall formwork) are covered by in-situ concrete works.
The Norwegian Council of Concrete Competence issues certificates within the following competence classes:
- UFB – Foreman/tradesman (“bas”), all execution classes
- UPK2 – Production and quality control manager, execution classes 1 and 2
- UPK3 – Production and quality control manager, execution class 3
- UPK3+S Production and quality control manager, execution class 3 + prestressed concrete
- UFB+S Foreman/tradesman (“bas”) in all execution classes + prestressed concrete
- UPK2+E Production and quality control manager in execution class 2 + precast concrete assembly
- UPK3+E Production and quality control manager in execution class 3 + precast concrete assembly
- UK Quality control manager in all execution classes
The following courses are approved for obtaining competence certificates:
- U1 “Basic concrete technology” (required in combination with an S2 and R course)
- U3 “Execution of concrete structures, for production managers, foremen and tradesmen (“bas”)”
- U4 “Execution of prestressed concrete structures”